Please consider this your personal invitation to join us for the Michigan State University School of Journalism showcase of current and former students who are inventing and shaping the future of journalism online. The event is part of the MSU J-School’s Centennial celebration.
WHEN: Thursday, March 18 – 7:00 p.m.
WHERE: Room 147 – Communication Arts & Sciences Building on the corner of Wilson and Red Cedar (across the street from the MSU Department of Police and Public Safety)
In my role as MSU lecturer (and Lansing Online News co-publisher), I will facilitate the interactive session that will feature:
– MSU J-School graduate Rachel (The Spartanette) Wilkerson on using social media to converse with your audience – Shedding It and Getting It
– Tricia Bobeda on how to use geotagging to strengthen local news – Lansing State Journal’s Noise
– Aaron Olson on building the semantic web one database/brick at a time – Spartan JLabs
– Carter Moulton on online reviews & building your brand – Filmgazing
– Taylor Benson on video-blogging and using free tools – Every Day by Tay
– Alisha Green on how to make the most of online multimedia – Spartanedge
– Emily Lawler on strategies to move magazines online – The Big Green