Baby Bree is now literally back in mother Maria’s arms.
On Friday, Oct. 25, Ingham County Family Court Judge Richard J. Garcia agreed to return Steve and Maria Green’s infant daughter to them, as part of an agreement hammered out with the family’s attorney Joshua Covert. If all goes well, the entire matter will be discharged within a month.
The Greens said they believed that Michigan’s Medical Marihuana Act would protect them. Steve has life-threatening seizures. Maria has MS. Both discovered they were helped by medical marijuana, so Maria became a grower and caregiver.
Their initial problems began when the couple found themselves facing felony drug manufacturing charges in Oakland County. Then a child custody hearing in Ingham County ended up with their daughter taken away. The good news for the family is that Judge Leo Bowman in Oakland County dismissed the felony charges, and now Judge Garcia has returned their baby to them.
Other stories on the Green family:
– Baby Bree still cannot come home – Sept. 21, 2013
– VIDEOS: Free Bree Rally in Lansing
– CPS takes Baby Bree away – Sept. 14, 2013
– The Greens: Still fighting for their rights, now fighting for their kids – August 14, 2013
– The Story of Steve and Maria – June 7, 2013